Thursday, July 27, 2006

Trip Wrap Up

The second American group left on Monday. We asked several of the teens and leaders to write a little about their experiences.

Wow! What a great time of ministry. Between the Youth Conference, English Camp, Basketball Camp, and construction, we are tired, but the Lord is good. He was with us every step of the way. It is so encouraging and exciting to be around and under the guidance and leadership of people such as Tele, Ricardo, Paul, and Hubert. The presence of the Holy Spirit is so evident in their lives and it is contagious. We are encouraged to go back to our community with no other purpose than to serve the Lord.
Royce & Shari Bryan


“Is there any encouragement from belonging to Christ? Any comfort from His love? Any fellowship together in the Spirit? Are your hearts tender & compassionate? Then make me truly happy by agreeing wholeheartedly with each other, loving on another, and working together with one mind and one purpose.” (Philippians 2:1-2) I feel this goal was achieved during our time in Brazil. I fumble to put into words the memories made, and the emotions stirred on this trip. I will deeply miss the landscape, the food, but most of all the relationships established and the friendships created with the beautiful people of this country. He has filled me with an inexpressible joy, and I will never be the same again.
Because He Lives,
Carina Stahl


Saying Goodbye was really hard with time. We had made such great friends and had interacted with so many people that saying goodbye was very wet and very hard.
Megan Stiffler

God has used this opportunity to “open the eyes of my heart.” I now have a closer relationship with my God and my friends. I‘ve also created new relationships with Brazilians and people that came with us. I feel like God is right next to me. This trip will stay with me for the rest of my life. I pray that everyone can experience what I have.
Josh Fern


This trip was the most educational and most fun trip I have ever been on. When I left Indiana, I was filled with joy, but leaving Brazil I am filled with sadness. The reason being is I have made good friends.
Anonymous

No comments: