Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Tele's Surgery

What happened for you to need surgery?

I had migraines every so often and my digestion felt like it was "off." I kept getting worse over the weeks and went to the emergency room in Recife on the 28th of September. When I got there they ran some tests and performed an ultrasound. The ultrasound revealed that my gall bladder was almost as big as my bladder. They decided that they would cut me up the next day.

What did the doctors do?
The doctors performed a laparoscopy on me. They removed my gall bladder and four gallstones, one as big as two marbles put together. I was in the hospital for around 24 hours total. I stayed in Recife for another week to recover more.

Did anything unusual happen?
The doctors were surprised that I didn't have any of the typical symptoms. I didn't have a fever, intense pain, or a high white cell count. They only realized the need for the surgery after they saw my enlarged gall bladder on the ultrasound. Dr. Santos really took good care of me. A former student of his was going to operate on me, but Dr. Santos arraigned for a colleague who went to school with him to work on me instead.

Now?
The Lord really blessed! Now I feel great. I can eat anything and I have no migraines.

I want to thank our friends for their prayers and concern. I am excited to be coming in a few weeks and see many of you personally! I also want to make sure that everybody is invited to the Brazil reunion! ( see post right before this one)

No comments: