Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Post by Steven Turner

I am Steven Turner, field rep for World Renewal Brazil. I want to thank everyone for their prayers for the summer season and the various short-term mission trips we had. I went to South Africa to visit with Pastor Assuerio, the Brazilian missionary who has been living in Africa for 15 months. My main goal was to see how he was doing and how we could help. After spending a week with him and his family, it was made clear to us that they needed to return to Brazil for a time. The leadership in Africa was poorly assisting his family and Assuerio needs more support.

I could see the impact that Assuerio is having though. I was able to meet a great young man whom Assuerio had led to the Lord. I also met with AssuerioÂ’s Bible class. They were really sorry to see him go. Keep praying forAssuerioo and his family (see the blog-post after this to see the latest news).

At this time I am working to raise AssuerioÂ’s support to the $1500 a month level. South Africa people mostly get about by personal car. In the week I was there, I only saw two taxies and two buses. It is dangerous to walk more than a couple of blocks.

Please send any financial support to:

World Renewal International
P.O. Box 399
Greenfield, IN 46140
Earmark for Pastor Assuerio

No comments: