Monday, December 18, 2006

I'm you're basic homebody. However, God, had different plans for me this December. He sent me on a short term mission trip to Brazil and used the trip to enlarge my world-view. In our first team meeting, we were told that flexibility would be our friend. I went to Carpina Brazil planning to play the piano on a music team and ended up sewing bags with 12-15 beautiful women. Women who love Jesus and are serving Him. As I watched the Brazilian young men and women lead in worship and felt God's presence even though I couldn't understand the language, I was blessed. I was enthralled as I heard Wes Davis and Gary Wright preach and heard Tele interpret. I was blessed and completely overwhelmed (and still continue to be)as I watched about 150 children open bags of Christmas gifts; probably their only Christmas gift. My appreciation grew daily for each team member, their talents and their willingness to serve God. I thank God for my experience, and I know that He put the right team together for the right time and in the right place. I encourage you to think about doing a short-term mission and remind you to pray for those who serve God in Brazil and other fields.

Post by Sue Brawner from Arvada, Colorado

No comments: